Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 5

177.2 lbs!

Wow! I have dropped three pounds already on the HCG diet! I am so impressed! I'm sure most of this is water weight so far, but it still feels very good to see the weight dropping off. I am very pleased with the results so far. My fiance and I got into an argument last night because he doesn't like the low caloric intake allowed with the restrictive part of this diet. I tried to explain to him that this was only the first phase and that, after 23 days, I will be able to eat 1500 calories a day, like normal. I explained that now I am simply learning to eat the right foods, and I'm also teaching my body to crave those foods by doing this. I told him that I get to eat a quarter pound of meat twice a day with vegetables. I then said, "What's the difference between what I'm eating now and if I were to go to McDonald's and order a quarter pounder? Just the bread, which is the unhealthy part aside from the high fat content of ground beef." He didn't have much of an argument to that except to ask how many calories I am consuming in a day. I told him, "Too few to sustain for any long period of time, but it's only for three weeks and two days, so it's not like I'm going to become anorexic." He said that I'd put on more weight than I will have lost once I quit the diet, and I explained that the diet is not designed to be stopped. It is designed in phases. There is the initial weight loss phase, which is followed by the maintenance phase, which includes eating healthy foods at appropriate calorie levels. He still does not agree with this diet, but I honestly don't care. I feel good, and I'm becoming healthier and learning to cook!
____________________________________________________________________
Learning to cook... That leads me to this morning...

So today I woke up and ate 1/2 a grapefruit with a cup of Oolong Tea. I then poached three chicken breasts, cut two of them up into small strips and seasoned them with lime juice. I packed them in a lunchbox with 1/2 of a red onion, already cut. I will eat one breast for lunch with spinach or a tomato and the other breast for supper with the onions. So far I have only drank 16.9 ounces of water, but I am about to drink another 16.9 ounces right now with my lunch. Yes, I am eating earlier today than normal because it's what my schedule permits.
____________________________________________________________________
So I took what Kris said into consideration, and I decided that, even though I am pleased with my results so far, I could cheat just a little bit without having terrible, awful consequences. I ate a small chocolate chip cookie and a brownie. I have drank a bottle of water after each to flush out my system, and with as much walking as I will do tonight, I will walk the calories off no problem. I figure an occasional splurge is ok, as long as it doesn't become daily or habitual.

No comments:

Post a Comment